Tarion Warranty 보상
본 내용은 법률 자문이 아니며, 이 내용의 어떤 부분도 법적인 자문을 드리는 것으로 해석될 수 없습니다. 본 내용과 관련하여 법적인 자문이 필요하신 분은 반드시 변호사와 상담해 주십시오.
온타리오주에서신축주택과콘도의빌더는의무적으로Tarion Warranty 라는하자보수용보험프로그램에참여해야합니다.빌더의의무이므로예전에는빌더의비용으로가입했으나,분양시장이빌더중심으로변하면서최근분양하는주택과콘도의경우이비용을구매자가내는것으로계약이이루어지고있습니다.
Pre-Delivery Inspection을하고나면Tarion Warranty Certificate 이라는서류가발급이되는데,이서류는잘보관하시는것이좋습니다. Tarion Warranty의기간은7년인데,이기간이지나기전에집을팔게되면구매자측에서이서류를요청하기때문이고,보유중에보상을청구하게되는경우도있기때문입니다.
- One-Year Warranty
- Requires that the home is constructed in a workmanlike manner and free from defects in materials
- Protects against unauthorized substitutions of items of construction or finishing that are referred to, or selected by the purchaser, in the purchase agreement
- Ensures that the home is fit for habitation
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations
- Two-Year Warranty
- Protects against water penetration through the basement or foundation
- Protects against defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope
- Covers defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing, and heating delivery and distribution systems
- Covers defects in work or materials that result in the detachment, displacement, or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brick work, aluminum, or vinyl siding)
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations that affect health and safety, including but not limited to fire safety, insulation, air and vapour barriers, ventilation, heating, and structural adequacy
- Seven-Year Warranty
Provides coverage against major structural defects. These include:
- Defects in work or materials that affect a structural loadbearing element of the home, resulting in an actual structural failure
- Defects in work or materials that materially compromise a structural loadbearing element of the home, even if failure has not occurred or is not imminent
- Defects in work or materials that materially and adversely affect the use of a significant portion of the home